Weekly Outline and Homework
- It is important to complete the assigned homework every night, in addition to reviewing the notes covered in class. Your notes and classwork should help you complete your homework.
- Varies in length from 30 minutes to an hour
- It is essential for success in mathematics
- It is important to actively correct your mistakes as we go over this homework in class.
- There will be periodic homework quizzes. They will not always be announced but will only cover material we have discussed in class, after going over the previous night's homework.
- It is your responsibility to check in with me after an absence to make sure you know what you missed, pick up your papers from the bulletin board, arrange times to make up the work, including assessments, and hand in any assignments.
- It is your responsibility to get the notes from a classmate.
- If you miss the review day before a test or quiz, you will be expected to take the assessment with the class when you return.
- Please let me know in advance if you are anticipating an absence so you can be provided with the work in advance, if possible.
- Each quarter grade consists of 95% tests and quizzes and 5% homework.
- A midterm and final each consist of 10% of the final grade.
- Graphing calculators will be used throughout your high school mathematics career. It is important to be familiar with them, especially as you move on in mathematics.
- It is recommended that all students have their own graphing calculator. We recommend the TI-84, TI-84+ Silver or Color Edition.
- If you are anticipating taking AP Calculus, it is recommended that you get the TI Nspire CAS calculator, since that is what they use in that class.
- If you have trouble making this purchase, the math department has a limited number of calculators that we can assign like textbooks. Please speak with your guidance counselor or myself about acquiring one.
- Please come see me for extra help AS SOON AS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING. Math builds on previous topics and it is only going to get more challenging if you are confused about a concept.
- I am available Wednesdays and Fridays during lunch activity for extra help. Please let me know in advance if you anticipate coming in.
- You should come prepared with SPECIFIC questions you would like assistance with. Lunch Activity period can be a be a busy time and it is important to use this time effectively.
- I am available after school until 3:00 Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
- Please do not wait until the last minute to get the help that you need.
- Cellphone use for personal reasons is not permitted in class.
- Occasionally there will be times we use these devices for academic purposes. Otherwise, cellphones should be put away, to minimize distractions.
- If there is repeated non-academic use, additional action may be taken including parent contact and administration involvement.
- Each student should have a Khan Academy account.
- Please add our class to your Khan Academy account. To do so, students should click their username at the top right. choose "Profile," and go to their profile's "Coaches" tab. Under “Add a Coach” they should enter the following class codes:
- This site/app allows teachers to safely and efficiently communicate with students and parents about important classroom information and school activities.
- Our class code is as follows: